Thursday 15 July 2010

For Vimal's Benefit, :}},

In response to Vims comment on the post by Arun "Monsoon Magic"

Vimal, hehehe, you are not the only one confused. I myself am confused. I did my bachelors in organic chemistry, masters in soil science, Ph.D in agronomy and my work is not even close to any of the three disciplines mentioned above.
In any case let me see if I can confuse you and everyone else who reads this post even more:
My job is to source analytical instruments that will make the drug manufacturing process fast and accurate. The instruments I recommend will make measurements like moisture, active pharmaceutical ingredient levels etc. directly while they are being manufactured instead of having to withdraw a sample from the process, send to an analytical lab and waiting for results. I have to source the vendors, provide them with specifications, evaluate the instruments to determine if they are appropriate for our process, make the final vendor choice, purchase the instrument, install and commission it once it arrives at the manufacturing site, train the operator on how to use the instrument and finally make sure that the instrument is in top working order at all times. The techniques used for the measurements can be chromatography, microscopy, near infrared spectroscopy etc. For example, if a tablet is sold with the claim that it contains 500mg of the active ingredient, the instruments I recommend will make sure the value is actually 500 mg +/- a statistically acceptable range above and below the 500mg.

19 comments:

Naresh said...

Ah ! Instrumentation Vendor development and value engineering plus AMC service engineering !!! A panoply !

Venu N said...

Aaah--at last I came to know what you are doing, Senorita Seetha!

My experience was quite similar to Vimal's, and I did not have the courage to ask you what the heck your job was :)

BTW, I tried calling you on your cell number in India at 5 pm today, but it kept ringing. I'll call you after you go back to Trenton.

Seetha said...

Ah! Naresh, as usual I had to look up the meaning of the word 'panoply', :))

Seetha said...

Hey Venu, I forgot to take my cell phone when I went out yesterday and saw the missed call too late last night. You can call now.

Seetha said...

I just realized that you called today and not yesterday. I did see a missed call this evening but it came up as unknown on my phone and would not let me call back. I got a call yesterday also at around the same time and could not tell whi it was.

Faiyaz said...

Seetha, I am totally confused!

Why is it that I don't ever get MISSed calls?

Faiyaz said...

DRUG manfacturing process?
Interesting!!

Faiyaz said...

DRUG manfacturing process?
Interesting!!

Naresh said...

Faibhai

Its a case of MISSeetha for you !

arun bhatt said...

If i were a drug manufacturer in US I would not go for Chromatography, microscopy or near infrared spectrocscopy. I would go for what Seetha's eyes say.

Faiyaz said...

I would go for what Seetha's eyes say - So would I
Seethas - Eyes say jadoo dala rey!

Enarkay said...

Jadoo teri nazar! That's 'for your eyes only' Seetha!:)
As for your job " aacha hai --jo bhi hai"

Vimal Parmar said...

Thanx Seetha... That makes a lot of sense now. Your business card probably reads: VP - Multitasking..!

Omkar said...

Looks like inuendos are falling by the wayside ;-)

Faiyaz said...

Enarkay's comment reminded me the dialogue from Lagaan - Jo bhi hain Achha Hain!

Enarkay said...

Faiyaz youve hit the bulls eye! Thats where I borrowed it from

Seetha said...

Phew, eyes are getting a thorough workout, teer maar maarke, bol bolke, jaado daal daalke..., :)))

Faiyaz said...

Seethas Profession - Scientist!
And ours????
And We Twist, We Twist, We Twist!

Venu N said...

Seetha, I don't want to take your precious moments in India. I will call you once you are back in Trenton.

You could not call me back because I called from my VOIP phone at office---you'd have got something like '+301' as my number.

Have a safe trip back.