Sunday, 14 September 2008

Meeting Prof Bhatt and Mrs Kamala Bhatt

Folks -was away at Dehradun on an assignment --and I took time off to call on Prof Bhatt and our Hindi Miss at their lovely home at Clements Town --when she opened the door, I touched her feet and revealed my identity --Prof Bhatt and Hindi Miss were ecstatic -- they hugged me and were keen to know all about me and others from SVC. Was transported to an era long gone....they were overwhelmed when I mentioned that at the Training meet for the Entrepreneurs of Uttarakhand, I publicly acknowledged their efforts at teaching me the basics, reacting to a comment about my fluency in Hindi.
Then I connected them to Sr Rosalie over phone...
And at that emotional high, I thanked Vimal with all my heart ...you made it happen, Only Vimal ............

4 comments:

Naresh said...

That was really historic !

arun bhatt said...

parents were overjoyed and overwhelmed. they felt that it had to do with the quality of your upbringing and sanskar that made you remember them and reach out. they also feel sad that a combination of your surprise and their age meant that a quick meal or a dinner could not be hosted. i feel proud to have a senior like you.

Faiyaz said...

Boon @ Doon
Stanley you were fortunate enough to have met the Most elegant and accomplised Couple!! I N V U
May God bless the Bhatts even more!

Vimal Parmar said...

Stan, the best part is that you took time off your busy schedule to meet them. I am sure they must be very proud of you. I am not too sure if the teacher-student relationship these days is as emotionally strong as it has been in our case and that too across such a wide time span.
In this case, you made it happen Stan...