Yours truly was sipping tea in a dhabha in the outskirts of Ranchi.
Stanely was in the midst of a meeting at a Café Coffee Day outlet in Bangalore.
Back in the streets of Mumbai, Vimal was probably busy chanting ganapati bapaa mourya.
That’s when I wondered why should our revered Sister have three spellings in our blog: Rosaline, Rosalind and Rosalie. On Vimal’s prodding I spoke to Stanely and got Sisters’ number. It was a nice experience talking to her after so many years and refreshing our memories.
She broke into a laugh when I told her about the three spellings. Sister also said that this was something she has got used to in her life, not only different spellings but different pronunciations.
But she put the record straight. The correct way of spelling her name is Rosalie.
Thought I should share this with you all.
Saturday, 6 September 2008
The Rose by any other name..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Amazing - Name resembles mine!
Three spellings??
Rose Alie, Faiyaz Ali, Natur Ally!
I always knew her name was spelt as Rosalie. Don't know why people called her by any other name. But the "whats in a name?...a rose by any other name would smell as sweet". That's just her, our very own sweet rose,Sr.Rosalie. May God bless her always.
They say, Be Blessed like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it!
God bless Sister ROSALIE,(Hope I've spelt it right) - Amen!!
Julian used to call her 'Rosie'. Rather he used to yell that name as loud as Tarzan's 'Bundolo', standing at the gate of SVC.
Who is Julian??
Post a Comment