Nothing seems to have changed looking from this facet. Only the ' Guava ' tree seems to have been lopped off near the staircase. The whole school has a 'cemented look' shorn of earth and grass.
The Guava tree reminds me of Vincent ( Douglas's / Rudolf's / Patsy / Mary / Marian 's younger brother) stirring up a hornet's nest. The bloody insect gave me couple of ' stings ' on the face , transforming me into a 'SHREK' - the red version.
Faiyaz , our school does'nt look quite the same --the greenery has yielded to a more matter of fact and utilitarian look ---probably this sets the tone of the generation "now"
Brought back old memories. We used to play 7 tiles, nations and throw ball on these grounds. Thanks for sharing the pic Faiyaz. Remember the corner class room in the ground floor? I think it was our ivth Std. You were very good at painting and your creations were always the best in the drawing class... you also had an awesome set of paint brushes which I used to borrow from you sometimes. Maybe they were imported. Remember that guy who used to drink ink in our class? I forget his name. Wonder how he survived! Naresh, is Patsy the same as Patsy Martin? She was in our clas at one point of time.
Tasneem, Your memory is just the same. Awesome! I do remember the corner Class and the Seven Tiles. Yes I had decided from my childhood when I grew up with the same set of brushes I would paint the Town Red! Drink Ink ? Was that Quink or Sulekha Or did it have a BLACK LABEL? Btw Isn't Patsy Martin the same as Remy Martin? Naresh, The Jungle Gym appears to be missing too. Vimal, I thought we wore Shorts and the girls knee high skirts - Red Belts and Full pants - ?? You're so right Sarita - Sets the tone of the present generation
Yes Tasneem , probably we had only one Patsy - her father worked in the Indian Railways. We were close to this family owing to the proximity of our residences. Me Hillpatna and Patsy + fly in the nearby Railway quarters. Regret never having interacted with Seniors like U and Faiyaz during school days. Either it would have been an element of awe or being introvertish !
Naresh, we were no great shakes, just ordinary fun-loving kids who reallly freaked out. We were a great set of friends who had the good fortune of having Miss Shameem our class teacher for 2 solid years. Went for some real cool class-picnics to Gopalpur, Sonepur and Rambha. I've studied in 3 schools, SJC/CTC,SVC/BAM & SJC/SBP. By far, the best memories I have are the ones spent in SVC. Btw, how many years junior are you to us? Faiyaz,remember those huge bottles of ink which Miss Shameem used to stock in the class cupboard lest we run out of ink? It was from of one these bottles that that boy drank. God knows whether it was Sulekha or Quink... it was Royal Blue alright... That's what I remember! I also remember your nails fashioned like castle turrets.I remember Pappu & me doing our Arithmetic homework over the phone. Wasn't Chittaranjan his cousin? I remember the quiet boys like Amitabh, Devdutt and Debnath Roy. I remember my competition with Bablu for the 1st rank. I remember the mouthering achars Leela's Mom used to make. I remember Malathi's huge house with countless rooms.I remember, Aruna's Dad's optical shop.I remember Reena Panda who pinched me so hard on the 1st of the month that I have the scar to this day. God, there are so many things that I remember that I can go on and on.I remember Sancheta and her naughtiness. Wasn't she quite a tomboy? I remember Patsy, but didn't know that she was a part of my Railway family. Btw, Faiyaz,please tell Nargis that I read her article 'The Railway Family' and it brought tears to my eyes. Tell her to read 'Tamarind Memsaheb' by Anita Rao Badami.. She'll like it.. it has an Indian Railway family setting. Sorry folks, I got carried away. Its just that the school pic brought forth a flood of pleasant memories and I became too senti.
What's wrong with you man? Getting all yamotional over a small little photo? Btw..seriously, I think your comment deserves to be posted as a blog by itself. Brought back some lovely memories for me too. Hey, thanks for liking the article. Yeah, I remember Patsy, Marie, Marian and Abraham. Btw...who is Naresh? Don't remember seeing him...how could I especially since he was living inside an element of awe...hahahaha! And what about this Quink Ink drinking guy? I bet it was because of him that people stopped writing letters and graduated to the computers:-}Lovely to be back.....*sigh*
Welcome back Nargis. Lovely to hear from you. The blog was never the same without you. I guess thanks to Quinky, we have all got comp savvy. How's life in Bhub? Must be nice to live in ones's own state after roaming around the whole country. Any idea about the whereabouts of Leela Panigrahi? She was my best friend but we lost touch thereafter. Would love to touch base with her. Naresh, So you are a kiddo. No wonder I couldn't place you! I love reading your comments. Omkar whose classmate were you? Are you in the States now? Take care.
Joe is in Bangalore these days. Remember Sebastian? Abraham? Varghese? Unfortunately, Abraham passed away. Varghese, a doc, is in Kochi. Sebastian is in Gulf. Was in Kerala (with Malayalam Manorama) for quite some time.
Howdy Omkar Pardner! Hope you weren't Iked!! 'Taz' is too Americanised... Tas will do. Hmm...so you are also a kiddo like Naresh. Vimal, one of the Mallu (no offense meant) brothers was in my class; either Abraham or Varghese; can't remember which one.
Vim Your mention of names Abraham, Sebastian, etc., does tingle the brain , but need to take the ' Dabur - Bhrami ' leaves concoction which says ....restores memory.
Tasneem , I am flattered , some others are with the same refrain. But cannot collide with Giants like Arun and Nargis .. who are in the definitive mold of ' Pros'....
Varghese was my classmate. Would love to get in touch with him. Stan, do you remember how everyone in class used to tease us- Nargees, Varghees, Nargees, Varghees......funny how merely a rhyming name was enough to link two kids....:-}
21 comments:
Secular???
Dharma (Amar)
Kareem (Akbar)
Peter (Anthony)
Astute!
Is Kareem Mian around per chance? I know Dharma, Peter and Magdallena have "moved on".
Nothing seems to have changed looking from this facet. Only the ' Guava ' tree seems to have been lopped off near the staircase.
The whole school has a 'cemented look' shorn of earth and grass.
The Guava tree reminds me of Vincent ( Douglas's / Rudolf's / Patsy / Mary / Marian 's younger brother) stirring up a hornet's nest. The bloody insect gave me couple of ' stings ' on the face , transforming me into a 'SHREK' - the red version.
While the ' Doshi' scampered away to safety.
Faiyaz ,
our school does'nt look quite the same --the greenery has yielded to a more matter of fact and utilitarian look ---probably this sets the tone of the generation "now"
I am glad, the school uniform has not changed...
Brought back old memories. We used to play 7 tiles, nations and throw ball on these grounds. Thanks for sharing the pic Faiyaz. Remember the corner class room in the ground floor? I think it was our ivth Std. You were very good at painting and your creations were always the best in the drawing class... you also had an awesome set of paint brushes which I used to borrow from you sometimes. Maybe they were imported. Remember that guy who used to drink ink in our class? I forget his name. Wonder how he survived!
Naresh, is Patsy the same as Patsy Martin? She was in our clas at one point of time.
Tasneem, Your memory is just the same. Awesome!
I do remember the corner Class and the Seven Tiles. Yes I had decided from my childhood when I grew up with the same set of brushes I would paint the Town Red!
Drink Ink ? Was that Quink or Sulekha Or did it have a BLACK LABEL?
Btw Isn't Patsy Martin the same as Remy Martin?
Naresh, The Jungle Gym appears to be missing too.
Vimal, I thought we wore Shorts and the girls knee high skirts - Red Belts and Full pants - ??
You're so right Sarita - Sets the tone of the present generation
Yes Tasneem , probably we had only one Patsy - her father worked in the Indian Railways. We were close to this family owing to the proximity of our residences. Me Hillpatna and Patsy + fly in the nearby Railway quarters.
Regret never having interacted with Seniors like U and Faiyaz during school days.
Either it would have been an element of awe or being introvertish !
Naresh, we were no great shakes, just ordinary fun-loving kids who reallly freaked out. We were a great set of friends who had the good fortune of having Miss Shameem our class teacher for 2 solid years. Went for some real cool class-picnics to Gopalpur, Sonepur and Rambha. I've studied in 3 schools, SJC/CTC,SVC/BAM & SJC/SBP. By far, the best memories I have are the ones spent in SVC. Btw, how many years junior are you to us?
Faiyaz,remember those huge bottles of ink which Miss Shameem used to stock in the class cupboard lest we run out of ink? It was from of one these bottles that that boy drank. God knows whether it was Sulekha or Quink... it was Royal Blue alright... That's what I remember!
I also remember your nails fashioned like castle turrets.I remember Pappu & me doing our Arithmetic homework over the phone. Wasn't Chittaranjan his cousin? I remember the quiet boys like Amitabh, Devdutt and Debnath Roy. I remember my competition with Bablu for the 1st rank. I remember the mouthering achars Leela's Mom used to make. I remember Malathi's huge house with countless rooms.I remember, Aruna's Dad's optical shop.I remember Reena Panda who pinched me so hard on the 1st of the month that I have the scar to this day. God, there are so many things that I remember that I can go on and on.I remember Sancheta and her naughtiness. Wasn't she quite a tomboy? I remember Patsy, but didn't know that she was a part of my Railway family. Btw, Faiyaz,please tell Nargis that I read her article 'The Railway Family' and it brought tears to my eyes. Tell her to read 'Tamarind Memsaheb' by Anita Rao Badami.. She'll like it.. it has an Indian Railway family setting.
Sorry folks, I got carried away. Its just that the school pic brought forth a flood of pleasant memories and I became too senti.
Looks like the Next-Gen SVC.
Hi Tasneem....
What's wrong with you man? Getting all yamotional over a small little photo? Btw..seriously, I think your comment deserves to be posted as a blog by itself. Brought back some lovely memories for me too. Hey, thanks for liking the article. Yeah, I remember Patsy, Marie, Marian and Abraham. Btw...who is Naresh? Don't remember seeing him...how could I especially since he was living inside an element of awe...hahahaha! And what about this Quink Ink drinking guy? I bet it was because of him that people stopped writing letters and graduated to the computers:-}Lovely to be back.....*sigh*
Nargis and Tasneem
Nigar has answers to your questions . As I was her batch.
Welcome back Nargis. Lovely to hear from you. The blog was never the same without you. I guess thanks to Quinky, we have all got comp savvy. How's life in Bhub? Must be nice to live in ones's own state after roaming around the whole country.
Any idea about the whereabouts of Leela Panigrahi? She was my best friend but we lost touch thereafter. Would love to touch base with her.
Naresh, So you are a kiddo. No wonder I couldn't place you! I love reading your comments.
Omkar whose classmate were you? Are you in the States now?
Take care.
Howdy Ma'am, a mighty proud Texian currently.
Ma'am was not a sub. for Ji. Consider it dropped ;-)
Hey Taz,
Some of my class mates, when I was in Std. I, 1967 are Reena, Sarita, Nigar, Sheila, Bhabani, Joseph, Vishnu, Sohail Wahab ...
When u were Snow Whiting, I must not have been in the radar to be a dwarf even.
Joe is in Bangalore these days. Remember Sebastian? Abraham? Varghese? Unfortunately, Abraham passed away. Varghese, a doc, is in Kochi. Sebastian is in Gulf. Was in Kerala (with Malayalam Manorama) for quite some time.
Howdy Omkar Pardner! Hope you weren't Iked!!
'Taz' is too Americanised... Tas will do. Hmm...so you are also a kiddo like Naresh.
Vimal, one of the Mallu (no offense meant) brothers was in my class; either Abraham or Varghese; can't remember which one.
Vim
Your mention of names Abraham, Sebastian, etc., does tingle the brain , but need to take the ' Dabur - Bhrami ' leaves concoction which says ....restores memory.
Tasneem ,
I am flattered , some others are with the same refrain. But cannot collide with Giants like Arun and Nargis .. who are in the definitive mold of ' Pros'....
Tasneem: Wanna get in touch with Varghese and confirm?
Thats a good idea.
Joe, are you reading this? Can i have your bro's email ID please?
Hey Vim........
Varghese was my classmate. Would love to get in touch with him. Stan, do you remember how everyone in class used to tease us- Nargees, Varghees, Nargees, Varghees......funny how merely a rhyming name was enough to link two kids....:-}
Post a Comment