Wednesday 21 April 2010

Me Back in Amchi Mumbai(Navi)

Hi Everyone...I am back to Mumbai after 3 months. Though I will be missing the AAA - Anil(son), Archana(daugther-in-law), and my dear Arjun(grandson who is five and half months old) its nice to be back to the hustle and bustle of this great city. I am also happy to be back with Padmaja(daughter), Vinay ( son-in-law) and my dear Prutha(grand daughter who is four and half years old). They live in Navi Mumbai. I was totally missing them when I was in the US of A

I opened the blog and was happy to see Aditya's post along with his family photos. Though I do not remember you its nice to meet you and your family.

A little about me and my family ....Sanshipta mein
I left school in 1974 December. I joined tuition classes from a teacher at park street, (I do not remember is actual name but he was popularly known by the name of madata master) for the private metric (as pointed out by Sushil). Appeared for my board exam in 1975. Got married to Gopal, who is a scientist from TIFR, Mumbai. Shifted to Mumbai in 1975 and am here since then. I appeared for Intermediate and Bachelors in Arts from Berhampur University as an external candidate and by then I had a son and a daughter. Then did Masters in Economics from SNDT again as an external candidate while teaching in a school. Then I joined a course in computer Management way back in 1987. After completing my course joined as a trainee programmer in a small company called Indus Data systems in 1988 and resigned as a scientific officer(Programmer Analyst) in 2003 from a SAMEER( R & D orgainisation under govt. of India, at IIT campus). Now I am trying to do my little bit for the society through Rotary.
At present my husband Dr Gopal Patro is a consultant in Electronic chip design. He is the Rotary president this year. My son Anil is a software engineer working with General Dynamics, Pittsburgh. He did his BE from Somaiyya CoE and MS in Comp Science from WPI, Boston. Daughter Padmaja is MSc in Organic Chemistry from Mumbai University and works as a research executive with Croda Chemicals, Navi Mumbai. Son-in-law is geologist with TCE. Daughter-in-law just got into Masters program in International and public affairs at Univ of Pittsburgh. Grand daughter Prutha is in Upper KG.

Oh my God...I do not think this is Sanshipta any more....I went on typing and made a short story long.
Bye
Jhansi/Lakshmi which ever way you want to call me.

11 comments:

Tasneem said...

Hey Laxmi, a belated, though very warm welcome to our fold. Nice to know all about you and your family. Its awesome of you to have continued with your education despite marriage and the added responsibility of bringing up your kids. Hats off to you.

Vimal Parmar said...

Hi... good to read all about you and your family... and it was great talking to you too... just a few minutes back. Keep blogging and post pictures.

Lakshmi Patro said...

Hi Tasneem...Thanks for the encouraging words. I think more than me my family needs to be congratulated for their steady support without which nothing would have been possible
Vimal..its was gr8 talking to you too and will post the pictures soon

Faiyaz said...

Welcome Back to India, I'm sure the new Cricket Stadium @ Navi Mumbai must be quite close to where you currently stay!

Degrees!!! Impressed
98.4 degrees is considered Normal and your Family all put together have exceeded - 100 degrees!!
Sweet Prutha in U Kg - In my opinion carries a lot of Weight!!

Seetha said...

Hi Lakshmi, nice write-up, great to hear all about your family. Sorry I was not able to meet you when you were here. Maybe next time.

sushil agarwal said...

Hi Lakshmi nice detailed write up n GRT to know all children married n settled.
Jaldi Jaldi DADI n NANI ban gayee...
aka THAKUR of SHOLAY.
Hope all agree????

arun bhatt said...

Welcome back to amchi mumbai. great to read all about you and your happy family. Nazar na lagey..

Naresh said...

A virtual ' Who's who - Wikipedia '

Enarkay said...

Sankshipt mein- a very happy family- kal aaj aur kal?

Nargis said...

Hi Lakshmi........

I was in Mumbai for three years. We stayed at Badhwar Park. But I guess then we weren't into blogging.....:-}

Lakshmi Patro said...

Faiyaz...I am feeling feverish with the 100 degrees...98.4 hi theek hai
Sushil...Yes...I am dadi, naani and here I could beat stanely ...I think I am the first one graduated to dadi and nani
Seetha...next time we will surely meet
Nargis...I just started blogging. I thot u were still in Mumbai
NRK, Naresh and Arun thanks for the comments...Hum kabhi nazar nahi lagne denge for sure