Tuesday 22 February 2011

4 weddings and nearly a funeral ;-)

So this is in response to Vimal asking me, "kya yaar, kahan ho ...".

Whose funeral, nearly? Well, mine. The day after I landed in US, I got really sick. Diagnosis - bronchial spasms. Had kinda started feeling sick since the 7th. of Feb, but kept poppin' Vit C tablets and survived on fumes. The spasms would wake me up at night and hence the jet lag persisted. Long story short - sedatives and hi-antibiotics to the rescue.

On home front - home computer crashed (its a big deal). Wify, was at her wits end with my 2 gifts to her ;-)

On work front - piles of emails and work.

I'm sure this is not what u guys/gals want to hear on a post. Hence the silence ;-)


So, trip was fantastic. With Reena visiting BAM, had a chance to meet Nigar, Basant, Sushil, Sushma at my house. Met Uma Rani (Ranu) and Bistnu Bose. Boy, Uma's daughter is a replica of hers. Of course Sarita, I always meet her, Reena notwithstanding ;-) And then Suresh Rathod too. And then there was Manoj Chowdhury (rmbr he?) Nargis Apa et al, as you can see it was a little focussed on "our batch", I'll make it up next time.

Nephew's wedding in BAM, niece's in BBSR. Friend's (REC, batchmate) daughter at BBSR, Manoj's nephew's wedding at Gopalpur. Breathless!

4 comments:

Lakshmi Patro said...

You need to visit India at least every 2 years to keep your immune system in place and you get your 2 years warranty/guarantee on good health in US. Just kidding. I hope all is well now. Take care.

Looks likes a great BAM get-together. If your comp and wi-fi cooperates..post pictures soon.

Naresh said...

The peregrinations of Senator Hilu !

Venu N said...

Nice to know you had a good and short trip, Omkar. Take care of your health.

I too have returned on 19th and still fighting with jet lag. Took leave on Monday, and worked from home today due to the Telengana bandh.

Also had the privelege of getting stuck in a huge traffic jam yesterday, leading to my having lunch only at 4 pm.

LOL, talk about a warm welcome!!

Vimal Parmar said...

Hey Omkar where are the pictures...! Please post.