Tuesday 5 April 2011

The dabangg Laptops!

Not long ago there was a film called Saanwariya. All I can recall is a blue gondola sailing atop the blue waters amidst the blue backdrop of blue skies with blue bridges and blue clock towers and sprawling blue mosque courtyards. In fact it was such a blue film, I wonder how it escaped the bowdlerized eyes of our censors. Unless of course they slept through the entire dreamlike movie- which I’m sure they did.
Anyway, April 2nd was another hot and blue day. Hot because all the Indians fans were not working, including the one at my house, who had taken a day off from office. The entire nation was ‘bleeding blue’ going hoarse singing the ‘one-day maataram’. And I was singing 'mujko yaaron maaf karna, main nashe mein nahin hoon'
But this collective craze for cricket also had me feeling alienated. So I busied myself in trying to operate the ‘movie maker’ that my daughter had installed when she was here. I know, I know, for the youtube hip hop cool genext this movie making is but child’s play but I had to literally go blue in the face trying to learn it on my own.But I did it! I finally made a movie!
I’ve tried NOT to incorporate any blue element in my film. Agar galti se koi mistake ho gaya ho toh please Vimal, don’t flaunt your blue-pencil at it. In any case the movie is feeling kind of blue because the entire nation’s eyes are still focused on something bluer.
So if you fans have started functioning again and are done singing the Won Day Maataram and done drinking from that bottomless CUP of joy, then kindly spare a few moments to have a dekho at my first ever effort at movie making. I am sure you’ll enjoy it.



6 comments:

sujata said...

Wow!Best film I ever watched and so true. Thanks for putting it on the blog.

Farhat Bazmi said...

Who wudn't love such cute & cuddly 'laptops' !!!!

Nargis said...

Hi Sujata: So glad you liked it...:-}
Farhat...: They are adorable, aren't they...hehehe

Farhat Bazmi said...

Sorry Nargis Apa, for not being able to meet u. But it was such a whirlwind tour that it knocked the wind out of me. Still trying to catch my breath. Missed out on a lot of things to do & people to meet. Great talking to u though. Better luck next time......maybe.........

roydebnath said...

From author to filmmaker is but a small step for you. Wonderful composition. More power to your creativity!

Enarkay said...

Picture perfect! Made me remember all the nice ones we used to have at Berhampur and Cuttack:)
Nargis you have scored a century on debut!