Tuesday 23 August 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

Jo vaada kiya woh toh nibhana padega.....I had promised Vimal that I will post what I did on my birthday. Sorry Vims no pictures:(

Birthdays are always special. Especially when someone is 1st born. Me being the eldest of the siblings have that special privilege. Though my mom forgets all other birthdays she is the first one to call and wish me early in the morning. Now my son is her competitor. He and family called at12.00 am(being in the US he had the advantage of time difference) and you know what! my 20 month old grandson Arjun also wished me. He said 'AAPPY NAAMAA' still learning to say properly happy birthday nannamma. After my mom comes the call from my daughter's family, Prutha (my grandaughter) is the first one. This time I felt that she is really growing up as she was asking about what plans I have for the day and who all I am inviting etc etc. I think almost till 12 noon I was on the telephone enjoying all the attention and the wishes from family and friends.

Then I realised I haven't yet started my daily chores. My husband appears and says a very happy birthday and whats for lunch. Uff! Now I have to think about lunch. I go to the kitchen and open the fridge trying to figure out what to make and come out annoyed. Why the hell I have think about what to make for lunch even on my birthday. I sit on the sofa with the grumpy face. My dear hubby comes and says don't worry we can go out for lunch. I get ready quickly and was wondering where would he take me out for lunch. We left the house and he takes me to a place called 'Royal Rasoi' just next to my house. The place is cosy and nice. You know what! there were friends and my daughter's family waiting. Everything was planned. Wow! it was a nice surprise and a grand get together. We had a lovely veg buffet.

After coming back I relaxed for a while and thought of just checking my emails. My mail box and facebook were flooded with birthday wishes. A big thank you to all of you for the greetings good wishes.

Just before the birthday when people ask me what I was planning to do on that day I always tell them what so great about birthdays except for the fact that it reminds you that you are a year older. But believe me on each and every birthday, I really felt special and blessed to have good people around me. I am happy that God has gifted me with a lovely life and only pray that rest of my life should by healthy and do whatever I can for my family and the society at large.

9 comments:

Seetha said...

What a great way to spend one's birthday!! A very nice account Lakshmi, :). Glad you had a wonderful time.

Stanley David said...

Belated greetings -- like reading a R K Narayan article......

Omkar said...

HBD Jhansi Ji. Good things also come in ordinary packages ;-)

Tasneem said...

HBD2U. Jhansi. You are indeed blessed to have so many people who care so deeply for you.

Naresh said...

Janam din mubarakan !!

Faiyaz said...

Many Happy Returns of the Day!

Kitney Oonchey Vichar hain aapkey!
Pray that rest of my life should by healthy and do whatever I can for my family and the society at large.

Lakshmi Patro said...

Thank you friends...see...that is exactly what I meant..good people around me.

@stanley..'like reading a R K Narayan article'.?? OMG..thats a huge compiment. I am flattered.

roydebnath said...

Happy Birthday, Lakshmi.
Am I late!!

Lakshmi Patro said...

@Debnath. Not too late. Good wishes and greetings are always welcome. Thank you.