Wednesday 11 November 2009

U fabulous People look at you....

Am still staring at everyone and shamelesslyyyyy.... !!!!


Vimal has been trying to get me out of one cave or the other, the past few decades, but am this certified hermit   :)
W.O.W..  .U 're all looking great, sounding distinguished & happy
and my words are chokn up within  :   what do you say after a zillion years,  to the people who are a piece of your soul... love you, appreciate everything youre doing, saying ..

cant find a single decent pic of mine thats worthy of publish... ... look at that Nivedita and Alpana, Sujatha Sarita ... drop dead gorgeous / and u guys  !!! love the humour here ...
this blog reads such free spirit, love it love it. Its our Life, the miles we 've walked, not even knowing we were all there, in some patch of this universe, remembering something about each other, with a  cherish that beats the written word.


Love from my husband Noel, three kids  aged 8 - 15 .. & me...

we 've moved back from Mumbai to Bangalore,  erghghghgh ! ...

startn over is great fun, between the groans and tribulation :) ,  told our priest maybe we shud re consider a whole new wedding ceremony for Noe and me, considering I didnt really know what marriage implied when I was 24, plus being a mom, and coping with growing up myself , till Ive decided its wise not to grow up too much..  N's the best thing that happened to me, and knows it... hey he got lucky too..

I write ferociously < endless scraps no one really shud see . did a spot of free lance in Mumbai,  then got spiralled into home, kids, more kids, a little illness that somehow changed everything for the better /
got steeped in street kids, Mumbai :  today am a hopeless footpathie and my  best friend is the ancient sweeper woman off Welders street, here in Bangalore.

so. here i am sweethearts, a changeling, eccentric and loving it. Noel my husband is a saint from God to put up with my mess at home, but he's slowly converting. The kids talk too much, feel they do not need an education ; am planning to wake up at three every morning and chant scripture over each to  calm them  down.
I keep threatening to take up a 9 - 5 job or a trvelling job :  anything to get to meet more adult sane company,
Bangalore is so so different from Mumbai, laid back, easy-does-it...

We 're shifting house in a few weeks, < love our new place and you re all welcome after we all properly comb our hair :)
Its been a gypsies three years and there was this thought we'd end up buying a caravan ; even talked about it before husband beloved went on knee b4 Lord God Almighty with any man's rightful plea, Lord pl give that woman some grace to need to settle down in one place.
So after a million years of not being in one particular place, I now feel utterly domesticated and started looking at my kitchen yesterday. There were dosas this morning,  people....

I knew Id end up saying weird things like that.
Pl say something back if you remember me < mom < Ms Grace is well and continues to be my inspiration. Dad and she live with my sis Olly < Doc, three miles from here,, Andra Border.
Thelma is in Muscat, has two strapping sons : she's a Teacher and still so full of life.
That leaves me  and my dog, who is  cross bt a german shepherd, and a kangaroo.
in school I was scared and timid and shy , am worse now.
:) hey by now we earn the right to say anything,  uh ?

have a great day / lookn forward to seeing more pics of you all;
hug !




Rayla Noel

34 comments:

Kausty said...

Not only the writing standards going up with every addition, the beauty of the blog is improving by the day.....thanks to Vimal. Nice family Rayla.
I remember a Miss Thelma taking classes in Sambalpur Convent......any chance the Thelma you mentioned could be the same ?

Nivedita Rath said...

So wonderful to see you here, Rayla! And the lovely picture of your family..keep blogging away because we love to hear from you!

Tasneem said...

Great post Ray! You've infused the blog with your freshness. I'm posted in Chennai, though my family is in Bangalore. Maybe we'll meet up sometime. Where do you stay?

Stanley David said...

Rayal, welcome to the blog --Stanley here --you will recall us as the Rao family from the Nook at Gopalpur --I think Mary was yr classmate.
We spent wonderful days at Goplapur--and the trips to your lighthouse quarters was --so Enid Blytonish for us kids then.
I like your stream-of-consciousness style.
What a great addition to the blog --Abha, Nivedita and yourself ....

Stanley David said...

Rayla, we stay at Bangalore, off the Old Airport road --lets meet up soon, Louis, Mary and Julain are all here. Spoke to Olga last year. Happy to hear about u all.

Anonymous said...

so good to hear from u each, am sitting here kindof speechless and just grinning all over the head if y know how it feels, touching base like this... Stanley yes I remember you all so well.. love to all at home / we are shifting to OMBR lay. in a few weeks and its hectic right now, but have2 meet. Tasneem, Nivedita ... hi there, love hearing from you too..
Kausty, A Ms Thelma David ? thats my sister. Tx for all those nice things y ve all said... lookn forward ...

Vimal Parmar said...

Welcome Rayla... Great to have you on the Blog.

Vimal Parmar said...

Ray's presence on the web. Check this out:
http://raeindia.wordpress.com/
http://five4joy.blogspot.com/
http://suburbandialect.wordpress.com/

Faiyaz said...

Hi Rayla, I wonder if you belong to the same family - The AR Rahmans of Golpalpur - Music in their blood!!! Strumming the Guitar and singing those lovely country numbers - Wow!!! I still love music!
Am i right?

Anonymous said...

Vimal Kudos mate... blesya for not gving up on this old grump < me:)Great work ;

Faiyaz am amazed that u remember, but then we made such a noise / dad had this posting in Gujarat and we arrivd at Bhuj with three diff musical boxes ; one woman of a kutchi tribe black skirts and mirrors told another < " Natak Party !! "

but hey we were no Rehmans though the blood is a bit wild there /
look I have to ask .. there was some song on stage with that Grasshopper song.. was it you and Henry ?? dont laugh. hav great day everyone / u sure kick started mine the right direction. txmuch

Venu N said...

Welcome Rayla! Nice to have so many additions of late---Vims, you deserve a treat for your Sherlock Homish acts!!

The name Thelma and Gopalpur does ring a bell in me---I remember that Anu had a good pal named Thelma living near the lighthouse in Gopalpur. So I guess you are her sister, right?

Naresh said...

Rayla

Welcome aboard Vimal's A380 , we have lot of space [ Fai will endorse this !]. The more the merrier !

Wud like to see you one day at the President's award ceremony at Delhi for the social work u and Noel are at !

Paucity of time , unable to hook on to Facebook.

Vimal Parmar said...

Folks, Ray is being modest... very modest...
" Natak Party !! " Is this what she said?? You must catch hold of the CD that Noel & Ray burned sometime back. What music...! what words...!! and what voice...!!! Check your eMail for a sampler. Just one song from their album and you will understand what i am talking about. (Ray&Noel: I am taking this liberty to mail one song from your album, to our Blogmates, which i hope you both will not mind).

Kausty said...

So Rayla, you guys must be staying in Hirakud for some time in the mid 70's and that is when Ms. Thelma took classes in St. Josephs Convent, Sambalpur ? Any contacts of her ?

arun bhatt said...

Wow! that's some narration, some style!!!! It was like a breath of fresh air.

Welcome to the caravan called the svcberhampur.blogspot. i hope you will settle here permanently and keep the good times going. settle in your new house and quickly 'comb your hair'- we need writers like you.

Welcome once again..

Enarkay said...

Hi Rayla! Welcome to the blog. I remember going to your house at Gopalpur and seeing the lighthouse courtesy your Dad. Knew Thelma and Olga quite well having played badminton together for Bam Univ.Of course Thelma was also a friend of Anu. I wonder if you remember us We are all Nabhis i.e Anu , self Venu, Narayan who were staying at R C Church Road. I also remember the songs accompanied by guitar etc

Anonymous said...

VIMALLLLLLLLL somebody pl stop the person ; it was noise and recorded at home . Vim shall have to spank thee...this blog things a dangerous place, no secrets uh...

Enarkay, Im a v. old bat now and cant remember names, am sure Thel will remembr / pl can I have pics to look at ? Great hearing from you - did we make such a racket in that LH compound ??

Arun Bhatt like Ms Bhatt's son ? SAy ? :) More than overwhelmed ; to be remembered at all. U in Mumbai ? We were there 17 yrs!! Nyway not too late , wud love to meet, combed or not

Naresh whaaaaaaaaat award ? R you people for real , or did SVC just produce awesome humans...
This beats Vitamins. much love from all the welders & urs truly.

Omkar said...

Hey you good lookin' family, look at ya!

Welcome Rayla - I must admit all that I can recollect in your context is "Ms. Thelma David and Goplapur".

Anonymous said...

....hitting midnite here and im sneaking in to see who's face is on next...

Omkar, i remember ur name / Alpana's batch ?? Tx much from " good lookn family " < wide grin

Ray of TD Gops , Thel'd send her best wishes to all who remember her ..

Abha said...

Hi Rayla,
Loved all your paintings and painting that I saw on the web. You are amazing! Very creative ..... Something that I seriously lack!

sujata said...

Hey Rayla David,
I remember you and love your post on the blog.
Hope to see more of your writings on the blog.
Am off to a dinner party - one of the rare activities I indulge in once a decade!!

Anonymous said...

ummmmmmmmmwah girls / wish I cud really write back

misty in blore but feeln all warmed up / am creative nothn Abh :) , but thankya / Suji love u too hugely

i got to run have a killer deadline

.......... ray

Seetha said...

Great family Rayla! I must be the only one who does not remember any of the new additions, :(. Not sure if it is because I left Berhampur too soon or if old age memory loss is kicking in?? But all the same you all went to SVC and I went to SVC, that is all that matters. Welcome to the blog, although I must admit I've been absent from the blog for a long time. Promise I will start soon.

Enarkay said...

Pics Rayla? Just scroll down the blog archive to the post on March17,2009(SVC photo- I am second from left,second row from top) and June 3,2009 for latest photo.
Post dated April 18,2009 has Thelma also. I guess Thelma's fav song then used to be Nobody's Child ! Weren't you'll staying behind Women's College near the Protestant Church?

Anonymous said...

Seetha Hi... am i wearing rose tinted glasses or is everyone looking glamourous here ? :) which year were you in SVC ? I was with Vimal from the 7th I think ??
Great family ? I can assureya thats our best pic and the only one in which we're not all makin the weirdest faces... but they r sweet, my fam, they put up with all my nonsense.. love toget to know you /
ray

Anonymous said...

enarkay .. cudnt resist the scroll down , saw those pics of u, ur lovely fam /
thel's pic too with the badminton crew / priceless

yes we were behind GWC where I too studied after a stint in Chennai
yep that was her song / u have quite an archive in there , amazed

thanx people

Seetha said...

I went to SVC from my baby class to the 7th. We left BAM in June 1970. Regret to say I have not been back since then. Would love to go back there, someday soon maybe!

Anonymous said...

sorry i havent been able to see where you re at now ... but great to meet /
1970 i was getting into class 3, svc
... wow what a while its been

Omkar said...

That's rt Rayla. What/whose batch were u in?

Anonymous said...

'77 , with Vimal, Ashok L., Devasmita, Shail, Sujata, Jayanti, Bhavani,Ranjana...

were you the batch before us ?
wudnt blame y for not recollectn /
was v v quiet, still am in person; the writ. word comes different i guess. Told my sis Thelma about blogmates here who remember her so well , she was thrilled... and might respond

Enarkay said...

Thanks Rayla. Good to see that Thelma is also on the blog though her post has been 'misplaced'

Vimal Parmar said...

NRK: 'Misplaced' post now very much in place...

Anonymous said...

Dont understand but alls well that sounds so good, tx for gettn big sis on Vim / she deserves every thing in life...
U too dear friend
all

this space has become like a lil obsession : to see if theres anyone who remembers anything

Enarkay said...

Thanks Vimal for getting Thelma's post back in place and her mail address. Sent her a mail yesterday