Tuesday 28 February 2006

'DA VINCI CLUB'

Hello Everybody! Get ready for a marathon mail! This is Nargis- the latest entrant into ‘Da Vinci Club’- Hey, that’s not a bad name, sounds quite artistic and from the postings that I read, everyone does appear to be quite a creative lot. All thanks to Vincents Convent and the Saints therein (Sis. Rosaline, Sis. Josephine, Miss Mary, Miss Shameem). First of all kudos to who else but ‘Only Vimal’ for revealing to us that technology can not only take us a step forward but also help in replaying deep rooted memories- thus merging the nostalgic green past with the delightfully gray haired present. Whenever I saw my kids jogging their brains with their friends in a Bloggers park, or visiting their school websites, how I secretly wished we guys could have indulged in such enjoyment during our times. Fortunately Vimal has succeeded in bridging that gap by bringing us fumble-loggers together.
For the intro- I am Stanley’s classmate and his Enemy No1 (title inspired by Bollywood). I call Stan my rival because of his effortless ways to always beat me in class (academically). As if that was not enough he carried it forward and went and published a book much ahead of me (Quiz book or whatever, I’ll never forgive him for that:-( By the way Stan, what news- still on a walk with the Penguins in the North Pole or what?) I also am Faiyaz and Nigar’s sis and recognize almost all of you by names. Faiyaz of course is in the club but Nigar is too busy slogging as ‘The Mother’. So I dont know if she has time for blogging. Henry and Sarita are the only ones I’ve met in the recent past (the meeting with Henry being an anecdotal one which I’ll post sometime later). Sarita literally faded away into oblivion after one telephonic conversation- get techno Sarita, if not try seeking advice from the compu savvy kids of today(that’s what I did for my blog). Alpana and Ashu, I met their mom when she was in Mumbai and got to know about their wherabouts- brough back instant memories of the Fight Club(oops sorry)Rummy Club. Louis and Julian I don’t remember much but Mary I do. Sheila, whose vanity has not withered even with age, (as mouthed by her, not me:-), of course I remember. Joseph I do not recall but I do recollect Verghese who also was my classmate. But what I cannot digest though is the 'Doctor' Verghese bit. How time flies- weaving into its scaffold Doctors, Homemakers, Professors, Writers, Photographers and even Buddhas (those who attained Nirvana), each separated by geography yet all bound by a common thread- St. Vincents Convent!
Now a little bit about the life and times of Narcissus( that’s the literal translation of my name). After leaving Stan in the lurch as the lone crusader in SVC to battle with Senior Cambridge, I completed mine in Bhubaneswar’s St. Joseph’s convent. Then did my English Honours (the ‘H’pronounced as in ‘Hot’- gives more emphasis). Then got married to a wonderful someone who gave me two beautiful kids and an exotic title. So now I have a grown up son Roshan (who after completing his engineering in BITS Pilani is currently working in Pune with Kanbay), a daughter Rumana (who completed her course from NIFT Delhi and is a fashion designer working with Pantaloons in Mumbai) and an eight year old Golden Retriever called Champagne, who retrieves just about anything except gold.
However Ripley it may sound I am also trying out all the genres of writing. Already have a published book to my credit (a biography on my father), completed my second manuscript (a romantic fiction) and writing my third (a children’s book). I also write regularly for Irastimes.org (an e-magazine), the Mumbai Mirror and the DNA and after fumbling and stumbling, managed to create a blog of my own. According to my son- 'Mummy is world famous in India':-) I’m also known as Nargis Natarajan, the exotic(sometimes spelt secular) title I spoke about . My wonderful husband Shanker Natarajan works as a Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officer in the Western Railway and after having had an eclectic Bharat Darshan and a five year stint at KL, Malaysia, at present we are posted in Mumbai. Better stop before I get an overdose of Vit ‘I’ in my diet. So all you fumbloggers, stop fumbling and start blogging. If I can do it, anyone can!

1 comment:

Faiyaz said...

Interesting stuff Nargis.....but Huh !
Goodness Me !!!
I started reading in Feb and managed to complete it in Mar thankfully.
Just kidding...Keep posting