Friday 19 June 2009

Calligrapher

Quite some time back while walking on the streets of Mumbai with my camera – street photography being my hobby –I saw a person on the pavement scribbling something on a piece of paper. Initially I did not give it a second look, as I don’t shoot poverty, but once I was closer, I peeped and to my pleasant surprise found that he was writing something and that too in a very artistic manner... This for sure is art – no poverty out here! And this guy is brilliant! I made a couple of pictures. While it didn’t bother him a bit, it set me thinking: There must be thousands in our country talented in some manner or the other – sports, drawing etc. It’s unfair that they do not get an appropriate platform...

4 comments:

Faiyaz said...

Call(igraphy) Ho Na Ho!

Omkar said...

No one said, life is fair, bud!

Naresh said...

Such people can make use of their dexterity as Writers at the Sub-prime Registrar's office. Now with E - registration catching up ,not sure if there is scope.

Nargis said...

Vim...you won't beleive this- my previous bungalow peon used to write so beautifully....just like they do in certificates...He used to keep an account which I used to frequently check- not because I wanted to see if the accounting was okay but because his scribbles of 'aloo, tamaatar, pyaaz'were all written in calligraphy...I wonder where he learnt to write like that...