Saturday 4 September 2010

With Love Regards and Respect

It has only been six years after my own schooling and I'm already thinking where have all my schoolmates gone. When Anil bhaiya told me about mummy's school blog, I couldn't help getting excited thinking how it must be to meet, greet and talk to schoolmates you haven't contacted in (gasp) decades. Ever since, I've been keenly following this blog and I am amazed and continuing to be amazed at how 35+ years after finishing school, you've come together to relive those wonderful memories.

If you're wondering who I am, may I introduce myself. I'm Manasa, Lakshmi Patro's niece. It's weird calling myself her niece because I call her "mummy", and rightly so. She's my second mom. I've practically spent half my summer vacations in Mumbai, at mummy's place. And going to Mumbai always means lots and lots and lots of masti. Mummy's now in Vellore, at my place, and right from day 1 of her arrival here, it has been a laugh riot. She has an incredibly amazing talent of having people around her in splits. Now now, this shouldn't be new news to you, is it?Can't help wondering how mummy was while she was a little girl wearing a cute little pinafore hopping along to school.

Four months after following the blog, I now find myself eagerly waiting for Arun Bhatt's giggle inducing posts and comments, Vimal Parmar's amazing photographs, Faiyaz's interesting observations and puns, Ranjana, Nargis, and everybody else's anecdotes, and of course my mummy's posts which is why I'm reading them in the first place. Just wanted to let you all know that you guys are doing a great job keeping those memories alive, making this blog such a fun place to be, hoping that maybe one day, some day, I'll have my school blog reliving memories when I am as old...no, wait... as young as you.

Have fun you guys, and keep this wonderful blog going.

With Love, Regards, Respect (and all the feelings I feel for the contributors to this blog)
Manasa

9 comments:

Faiyaz said...

Manasa, It's great to have you on board!
I'm sure you must be aware that it's mandatory to post a picture as well!

Picture abhi baaki hain mere Dost!
Toh jaldi karo Post!

By the way, I am fine with Love and Regards - But respect you can should you wish to, for the remaining members!

Vinita Deshmukh said...

Dear Manasa, To Vimal goes the credit of bringing schoolmates together. He is on `high alert' each day to ensure that his blog is not sidelined. He is never caught napping and dare you nap, he will ensure you wake up by inspiring you to be an active part of the blog. So, as we get along with our present life he ensures that we have `a little bit of SVC in our lives.'!

thelma/david/samuel said...

Dear Manasa,
Great that someone as young as you still appreciate this revival of Berhampur (SVC) blog.
Am so moved that there are genuine feelings expressed out there in ur post.
U wont know me...Let me introduce myself.....
I was a teacher at SVC Long,long,loooooooonnnng ago.

Enarkay said...

Hi Manasa. The friends we make in school are the ones which last longest.After losing touch with many of them over the years the thrill of getting back in touch is indescribable! Thanks to Vimal for making it happen.BTW many of my family members were also at SVC.Best Wishes.

Lakshmi Patro said...

Let me introduce my dear niece...Manasa. She is not a SVCian but follows the blog religiously. She has done her schooling and college at Mangalore. She has done BE Computer Science. Got into Infosys thru campus interview. As she was passionate about animation she left infosys and is getting trained at FrameBox, Banglore and also preparing for CAT, XAT etc etc. Her dream is to get into IIMs or any top B-school and then have a company of her own which would be the best in animation.She also has a younger sister...Mahima. They are very dear to me and may all their dreams come true.

She wanted to say something to all my dear blogmates...so her post is here. If you guys are interested she has a blog called www.coloursforever.blogspot.com

Vimal...Is it OK if someone wants to post something and is not a svcian..Please let me know.

Lakshmi Patro said...

Thanks to all of you for the comments.
Yes...it takes a lot of hard work to keep the blog going. Its all because of Vimal's passion that we have SVC back in our lives.

arun bhatt said...

Hi Manasa,

Glad to know that in the age of google I can make you giggle!!!

Naresh said...

More the merrier !!

Vimal Parmar said...

Hi Mansa... What a pleasant surprise..! Good to have you on the blog... and thanks for all the kind words... The credit actually goes to every blogmate on this blog and not just me. I went thro you blog too... its amazing how you have managed to keep it running for so long all on your own unlike this SVC Blog that keeps going coz of so many participants. Great effot... keep going... All the best.!
Lakshmi (Jhansi to most of us) 'hopping' in a pinafore - you must be joking! She used to enter the school gates on her cycle like a princess!! Its great to connect with her after so many years. We all are proud of her activities at the Rotary...! You are indeed blessed to have such a warm person as your second mom.
Feel free to share your thoughts on this blog and hope you will post a review of this platform on your blog "Colours Forever"...!
God bless...