Wednesday 1 September 2010

Meeting Ms.Brenda after 34 years...

Miss Brenda was my class teacher. The photgraph on top was taken in 1976. The li'l girl in front is my cousin.
The coloured photograph was taken a few days back outside Mumbai Airport. She was here along with her son Borg for a few days... and I could just manage to catch up with her for an hour or so. She is still the same... So caring and affectionate.
And of course, look at the pictures once again... How time flies...!
I must thank Louis who put in the efforts to locate Ms.Brenda... It took him almost half a day (which included taking inputs from the local post office) to finally zero upon Ms.Brenda's residence in Kerala from where he obtained her current contact details.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Aruna Joshi said...

Can you see any similarity in both the photos? No! She has kept her hand on your shoulders in both the photos!

Faiyaz said...

Ms Brenda
Long sleeves Long hair

Short sleeves Short Hair

Vimal
Grey Matter inside and outside
the Head - ????

Full of grey matter both inside the Outside the Head!

Seetha said...

Way cool Vimal, :))

Naresh said...

The first is a case of Pedagogy !

Second is Demagogy ! Unification

arun bhatt said...

No doubt a great moment. Also shows how documentation can help bridging decades and decades of memories.

Louis J Rao said...

Is she - Pritibala ?
Aruna has aptly observed the similarity " The first one is -" Yes I am there for you my boy " , the second displays " I am proud of you Vimal " .
Vimal - It's worth a lifetime to get an opportunity like this. It was like working for a Hitchcock film , taking directions from Vimal, from the local vendors,local post office and finally a young boy with a glowing face comes up to me and asks me " are you looking for - he mentioned their house name -Mary...... I said yes. He said follow me , and as I got down from the car, knocked at the gate and checked - yes it was the house . I turned back to thank the young handsome boy , he just vanished - dunno where .
It was a wonderful experience .

Enarkay said...

Looks like both student and teacher have outgrown their round spectacles(reverse osmosis?).
Good contacts help!:)
A teacher-student relationship is forever.

Omkar said...

Vimal,

Thou art relentless!

Hey, Ms Mabel kidhar che (my attempt at Gujurati)?

Lakshmi Patro said...

You are lucky to have captured these precious moments with teachers like Miss Brenda. She was one of my favourites.