Monday 6 September 2010

Wohi Hota hai Jo Manjure Khuda Hota Hai

However perfectly we plan our day, week, month, year or our entire life there is always an element of uncertainty. But still we leave no stone unturned for that perfect planning and expect the plan to work perfectly.

My daughter's mom-in-law who is 68 years of age and is having a number of health problems, was all excited about a trip to south where they would visit temples at Kumbhakonam and Tanjore, visit my sister at Vellore and attend a wedding at Bangalore. We would join her at Vellore and from there on would travel together to Bangalore. Everything was perfectly planned. The tickets, the hotels, the site seeing, the food, the gifts etc etc. She planned the sarees she would wear, the people she would meet, the shopping she would do etc etc.

They visited Kumbakonam and Tanjore and reached Vellore. They were all so happy and charged up. Suddenly everything changed in a fraction of a second. She tripped and fell down and she fractured her hip bone and femur. She is is admitted to CMC hospital at Vellore and was operated on 1st Sept. Now she is recovering. I admire her positive thinking. Though in terrible pain she has put a brave front. She says that she is lucky to get treatment in CMC, Vellore which is supposed to be one of the best hospital for orthopaedic treatment.My son-in-law and myself stayed back in Vellore and will be back to Mumbai once she is in a position to be taken there.

I had my own plans. Apart from attending the wedding I had planned to meet some of my office colleagues who are there. I was also excited that I will be able to meet Stanely, Rayla and Shamim miss if it was convenient to them. I took the numbers from Vimal and thot of calling them up once I am at Bangalore. But........

Wohi Hota Hai Jo Manjure Khuda Hota Hai.






8 comments:

Faiyaz said...

We pray that Your daughter's MIL will soon recover - Amen!
How very true!
Man has absolutely no control -
What happens in the House - The Lady of the House controls,
What happens outside the House is again beyond his control!
House That??
Aakash pey baitha hua Likhta hain Woh Taqdeer!

Naresh said...

Ladies should be absolutely careful because of the incidence of 'osteoporosis '. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Remedy: Lots of milk, calcium tabs !

arun bhatt said...

must have been a nightmare. its good that all of you were there to take care. my best wishes to you all

Enarkay said...

Wishing a speedy recovery to your daughter's MIL.
We too plan to go to Bangaluru this October and hope to meet some SVCians.

Seetha said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to you daughter's MIL!!

Vimal Parmar said...

Tons of Get Well Soon wishes for your daughter's MIL...
So true, Wahi Hota Hai Jo Manzoore Khuda Hota Hai..

Lakshmi Patro said...

Thanks guys for all the good wishes. Girija (my daughter's MIL) is recovering well and started walking with support and the walker. I hope she gets discharged from the hospital soon and safely reaches Mumbai.

She jokingly says that her parents have aptly named her as Girija.

arun bhatt said...

I must compliment her for her sense of humour!!